Here's the latest from an FAQ SSM sent out:
Q: Under what circumstances am I able to use Furlough Time Off?
A: You may use Furlough Time Off for the following situations:
1) You are diagnosed with COVID-19
- The additional time off will cover the seven-day elimination period before Short-Term Disability (STD) and three-day waiting period for Workers’ Compensation, when applicable. In addition, this time may be used to supplement the 60% or 75% STD pay.
2) We are unable to identify work that may be completed remotely (at the entity or regional level), or you meet one of the following criteria:
- You’ve been directed by a medical professional, government agency or employee health nurse to self-isolate or quarantine due to suspected exposure to or diagnosis of COVID-19; or
- You are undergoing a period of self-quarantine or self-isolation pursuant to public or employee health assessment recommendations.